R780 GNSS Smart Antenna
Tougher than Tough Enough. The R780 GNSS Smart Antenna is small, tough and useful. As a GNSS rover system or as a base station, the R780 does it all.
Trimble R780 With Tilt Compensation
Construction surveyors can capture accurate points without leveling the pole to work faster and safer.
Features and Benefits
Rugged, All-In-One Solution
- Combines unprecedented strength and durability into a compact form that is easy to use and virtually indestructible
- The most rugged receiver Trimble has ever built, so you won’t experience downtime with equipment that doesn’t work
- Sensor onboard shows verticality on field controller screen; in the dark or hard to reach locations, work more efficiently and save time when you can’t easily see the rod bubble
- With a longer battery life in the field you can keep working longer
Using the Trimble R780 GNSS Smart Antenna with tilt compensation and Trimble Siteworks Positioning Software, capture accurate points while standing, walking or driving the site in a vehicle, while the receiver is not level. From inside the vehicle, contractors can set the height of the antenna and quickly interrogate surface models using the real-time 3D surface display. Tilt compensation allows for faster data collection—create larger digital terrain models faster and with improved accuracy.
Advantages of Tilt Compensation
- Easy to learn for beginners, saves time for experienced surveyors
- Easily and safely survey hard to reach areas (corners, traffic lanes, utility flowlines)
- From a moving vehicle, capture higher accuracy measurements on steeper slopes
- Capture more accurate volume measurements to save time and money on material planning
- Auto-measure antenna height
- Faster measurements, more efficient stake-outs
- No magnetic interference
- Can be easily moved from carrying case to range pole, tripod, t-bar, or vehicle with a single click
- Easier and faster to get going and allows for more flexibility of operation techniques
Trimble xFill Technology
Trimble xFill technology expands site productivity by allowing short excursions into valleys and other locations where GNSS corrections were not previously available.
Trimble ProPoint Technology
Trimble ProPoint GNSS technology uses all available signals to provide survey-grade positioning in many areas where other GNSS systems either can’t provide a solution at all or produce unreliable error estimates.
Trimble CenterPoint RTX
Trimble CenterPoint RTX is the best satellite-delivered GNSS positioning service for your most precise jobs, providing you with the freedom to work anywhere without interruptions.
Find out more about Trimble GNSS Correction Services here.
The Trimble Siteworks Positioning System with the R780 GNSS Smart Antenna is ideal for:
- Measuring and verifying original ground levels and site features
- Monitoring real-time cut/fill information
- Checking finished grade and laid material thickness against design elevations and tolerances
- Computing progress and material stockpile volumes
- Monitoring, and conducting quality control for earthworks and paving operations
- Assessing as-built measurements and generating high quality reports for approvals and payment
- Recording tilt data when taking measurements
When used as a rover, the R780 enables wide variety of site measurement tasks including pole-mounted for grade checking, ATV-mounted for progress monitoring, and truck-mounted for site supervision.
For initial site reconnaissance you can use the R780 with satellite-delivered CenterPoint RTX—no base station needed. For higher accuracy site measurements such as grade checking, it can receive Real-Time Kinematic (RTK) corrections via the internal wideband radio, Wi-Fi or the internet.
A grade checker can mount the R780 to an ATV and easily conduct site topos, check as-builts and verify road centerlines where it is not easy or safe to walk with a range pole. Extending its productivity, the same unit can then be mounted on the roof of a supervisor's truck roof to collect and manage progress data.
Wi-Fi Base Station
As a base station, the R780 incorporates Wi-Fi communications for small site projects and wideband radio for long-range operations on large projects.
Designed for ease of use, it will automatically establish a connection and transmit RTK corrections to another rover or machine control system. When it is that easy, construction crews can spend more time doing the work and less time setting up and maintaining the equipment.
Meet Our Customers
Learn how customers around the globe are using Trimble technology to be more efficient and profitable.